Saturday, July 26, 2008

Realizing My Career

This will be my first year as a "real" teacher, and as such, I thought it would be appropriate to journal my experience. I am so excited to be teaching grades 5 & 6 this year at a nondenominational church school.

Why nonconformist? Well, if you know me, you understand. I'm an independent sort, and I like to do things my own way...with research of course. Things done should be things done right. I don't like to do things just because it's required, someone said to, or it's tradition. (Although I do love traditions.) However, being respectful of authority, I will be teaching the A Beka curriculum this year. (which is a good one overall) However, I will be sneaking in my own ideas as much as possible.

So, here's to a great year. Wish me luck.

No comments: