Sunday, August 17, 2008

Feeling Accomplished

Not too long after I finished the last entry, my principal called. She told me they found the old teacher's editions for 6th grade. Yay! That lightened my load for today. No math homework!

It definitely took me less time to do lesson planning for this week now that I kind of get the program somewhat. I am having a problem with having to "keep the lessons together." The lessons are integrated so the lesson numbers need to try to match. However, I also shouldn't have quizzes/tests on Mondays. This poses a problem since the curriculum is set up to start on Monday so quizzes fall on certain days. I'm having to finagle it a bit since we had an abbreviated day on Monday and we were supposed to start full lessons on Tuesday. I can see down the road that being an even bigger problem with having field trips or such.

I got mostly caught up in my gradebook. Now that I have a better idea of time after the first week, I think I have done a better job with my lesson plans to keep in schedule. I did for the most part decide to have Social Studies and Science ever other day. I hope that this will help me paperworkwise. So now my goal is to set packets up as much as I can on Thursday afternoon so that I can just quickly grade MV & spelling and throw them in.

Tomorrow I need to praise the class for their good behavior but remind them that wandering, asking off topic/pointless questions, etc. could mean signing the Book from now on. I also need to get their Portfolios started so they don't have too many floating papers.

Well, here's to a better more sane week!

No comments: