Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tax Holiday

One of the great things about Tennessee is that we have decided to provide an annual tax holiday on the first weekend of August. The idea is to help families getting ready for school, so clothes, school supplies, and computers are all tax free this weekend. Oh yeah!

I took advantage and got a bunch of basic stuff for my classroom at WalMart & Dollar Tree, as well as two new pairs of shoes for work and checking out our local teacher store. I actually started my shopping at the bigger teacher store in Chattanooga on Thursday, so unfortunately that wasn't tax free, but it was fun. I got a bunch of posters to list rules & procedures and numbers for my calendar that I already inherited. (What am I supposed to do with a blank calendar?)

So, now I'm all set with basic starting stuff, unless no one can round me up a stool. Monday I plan to finish the last of tieing up stuff at the library, and Tuesday I will play at the Teacher Material Center at Southern. Wednesday is our first official reporting day. I can't believe it's coming up so fast!

No comments: